List Of Digital Companies By Year Founded
Views: 31 | Updated On: | By Shubham Jangir
Nokia is the first company to be found in this list of digital companies. And many digital companies have been running for a long time.
Check out the complete list below
1. Huawei: 1987, The corporation was founded in 1987 by Ren Zhengfei, a former officer in the People's Liberation Army (PLA). Initially focused on manufacturing phone switches, Huawei has expanded its business to include building telecommunications networks, providing operational and consulting services and equipment to enterprises inside and outside of China, and manufacturing communications devices for the consumer market.
2. Dell: 1984, Michael Dell founded Dell Computer Corporation, doing business as PC's Limited, in 1984 while a student at the University of Texas at Austin. Dell sells personal computers (PCs), servers, data storage devices, network switches, software, computer peripherals, HDTVs, cameras, printers, and electronics built by other manufacturers. The company is known for how it manages its supply chain and electronic commerce.
3. Lenovo: 1984, Lenovo is an American Chinese multinational technology company specializing in designing, manufacturing, and marketing consumer electronics, personal computers, software, business solutions, and related services. Products manufactured by the company include desktop computers, laptops, tablet computers, smartphones, workstations, servers, supercomputers, electronic storage devices, IT management software, and smart televisions.
4. Apple: 1976, Steve Wozniak's offsite link demonstrated the first Apple computer that he designed and hand-built in July 1976 at the Homebrew Computer Club in Menlo Park, California.
5. Microsoft: 1975 In 1980, Microsoft formed a partnership with IBM to bundle Microsoft's operating system with IBM computers; With that deal, IBM paid royalties to Microsoft for every sale. In 1985, IBM requested Microsoft to develop a new operating system called OS/2 for their computers. Microsoft produced that operating system but also continued to sell its alternative, which proved to be in direct competition with OS/2. Microsoft Windows eventually overtook OS/2 in terms of sales.
6. Sony: 1946, Sony is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation headquartered in Minato, Tokyo, Japan. As a leading technology company, it operates as one of the world's largest manufacturers of consumer and professional electronic products. (Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Corporation). The company made Japan's first tape recorder, called the Type-G. In 1958, the company changed its name to "Sony".
7. HP: 1939, The company was founded on January 1, 1939, by William R. Hewlett and David Packard, two recent electrical-engineering graduates of Stanford University.
8.Samsung: 1938Samsung is a South Korean multinational manufacturing conglomerate headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul, South Korea. Samsung was founded in 1938 by Lee Byung-Chul as a trading company. Over the next three decades, the conglomerate diversified into sectors including food processing, textiles, insurance, securities, and retail.
9. Motorola: 1928, Motorola exists to design, create and deliver purposeful innovations for people around the world to transform the way they discover, share and connect with the world around them. Since 1928, we've been driven to advance the industry. At Motorola, we strive to give people greater access to the intuitive mobile products and services needed to make everyday life easier, more uplifting, and more enjoyable for everyone.
10. Toshiba: 1875, The name Toshiba was formerly known as Tokyo Shibaura Denki KK. Was taken from. (Tokyo Shibaura Electric Co., Ltd.) which in turn was a 1939 merger between Shibaura Seisaku-shō (founded in 1875) and Tokyo Denki (founded in 1890). In 1978 the company name was officially changed to Toshiba Corporation.
11. Nokia: 1865, Nokia is a Finnish multinational corporation founded on 12 May 1865 as a single paper mill operation. The company expanded through the 19th century, branching into many different products. In 1967, Nokia Corporation was formed