List of Beautiful Railway Stations in India
Views: 6 | Updated On: | By Aman Gupta
1) Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, MumbaiChhatrapati Shivaji Terminus was also known as victoria terminus.CSMT railway station was built in the year 1887. Frederick Stevens and Axel Haig have designed the CSMT railway station.
2) Old Delhi railway stationOld Delhi railway station is one of the oldest railway stations in Delhi. The Old Delhi Railway Station is also known as a Delhi Junction.
3) Howrah railway stationHowrah railway station is in the state of West Bengal. Howrah railway station is built in the year 1854. Howrah railway station is located on the bank of river Hooghly.
3) Vijaywada railway stationVijaywada railway station is in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The Vijayawada Railway station was built in the year 1888. Vijayawada railway station is one of the busiest railway stations in India.
4) Charbagh Railway Station LucknowLucknow railway station structure was built in 1926 with intricate miners and domes of Saracen design. The Lucknow railway station, designed by J.H. Horniman. Lucknow is one of the important Railway stations in India.
5) Kanpur CentralKanpur Central railway station is in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Kanpur Central railway station was constructed in 1930. The design of this building was inspired by the Charbagh Railway Station Lucknow.
7)Ghum Railway StationVGhum railway station is in the state of West Bengal and gum railway station is 14th highest in the world .it is part of Darjeeling toy train.
8) The Dudhsagar Railway StationThe Dudhsagar railway station is in the state of Goa. Dudhsagar waterfall comes in the Mumbai Goa railway route. the Dudhsagar waterfalls on the left of the railway station giving the most beautiful view of Goa.
9) Nagpur Railway StationNagpur railway station is in the state of Maharashtra. Nagpur railway station was built in the year 1867. Nagpur railway station is the most important junction in India, connecting the east to west and north to south.
10) Cuttack Railway StationCuttack Railway Station was built in 1896. The design of Odisha's Cuttack railway station is similar to Barabati Fort. The Barabati Fort is famous is one of the famous monuments of the 14th century located in the Kalinga region of Odisha.
⦿Did you know?1. There are a total of 18 railway zones in India.
2. The first railway minister of republic India was John Mathai.
3. India has the fourth-largest rail network in the world.
Q.1)Which is the beautiful train in India?
Ans- Darjeeling Himalayan is a beautiful train in India.
Q.2) Which is the longest railway platform in India?
Ans- Gorakhpur is the longest railway platform in India.